Our client, a major eCommerce company based in Bangkok, is looking for a DBA specialist to join them and work in the new world of public cloud and NoSQL databases:
- Map-out and design logical database models which can be implemented as specific data models
- Architect databases for optimal performance, working with front-end and back-end developers and the development operations staff
- Ensure correct operation via RDS and install / use relevant management and monitoring tools
- Ensure standard database processes are covered and running correctly including user access, data recovery, archiving
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar
- At least 3+ years' experience in SQL-based database administration; experience with MySQL / MariaDB strongly preferred
- Experience with NoSQL databases strongly preferred e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB
- Good understanding of database design and issues affecting performance
- Strong interest in keeping up-to-date with relevant changes in technologies and methods of deployment
- An awareness of data protection issues and legislation is an advantage
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
If you're a DBA looking to take advantage of RDS (rather than be made redundant by it) and understand the importance of working with other teams to produce optimal systems performance, this is the ideal opportunity for you! Please contact us / apply for this role now!